Saturday

Bio

I am an up-and-coming artist focusing on character design for books and games, and storyboarding for movies and music videos.

The only thing I love more than art is music, which I use as inspiration in many of my works. Sometimes it's just to set me in the right mood for a piece, other times I try to capture the imagery the songs and lyrics form in my head.

I like a wide array of movies and literature, never limiting myself to a specific genre. I prefer to know enough about a subject to hold an enjoyable conversation with anyone I meet. Of course, for subjects I find particularly fascinating I will discuss in depth.

After spending four years dedicated to learning manga from the best books on the market, I have developed a style for character design that incorporates the delicate charm of manga but is still my own. The manga influence helps connect to teenagers and younger who currently enjoy the style but my realistic training in oil and graphite keeps my work accessible to those with more traditional tastes.

If beautiful, convincing scenes filled with the surreal and fantastic is the goal, I can just as easily pick up a brush or tablet pen and create worlds for you.

My tastes tend to be of the nocturnal sort: my favorite colors are cool blues and rich violets, (preferably with some stars and the moon throw in,) my favorite hero is Batman, and I've wanted to turn into a bat like Dracula since five. I hunt zombies with Nerf weapons in my spare time.

Unlike Bela Legosi though, I am perfectly happy to be out in the sun drawing a beautiful Michigan landscape, and I have the freckles and burns to prove it.

I love working with clients personally to make sure there is clear communication and an exchange of ideas so everyone is happy and work gets done faster and is precisely what was in mind.

I hope to work for White Wolf and DC Comics one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment